Sunday, December 26, 2010

Still Celebrating

It was a good Christmas. Although the futon was our main present to each other, Barry also bought me a big box of chocolate truffles and I got him the DVD for the fourth Shrek movie. We went to my cousin Stan's house for Christmas dinner with the other members of our family who live in the Phoenix area. This year we had ham with cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, tabouli salad and three kinds of pie. Last night, we watched A Christmas Story and the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol while snuggled on our new futon with popcorn and hot spiced apple cider.

But the holidays aren't over yet.  Tonight we're watching the Shrek movie while sampling the truffles.  Tomorrow my cousin Don from Oregon will be in town and we're having lunch with him, my parents, and my sister.  We have tickets for a formal dance on New Year's Eve and a black-and-white ball the following week. With luck, we can keep the holiday spirit alive until at least Valentine's Day.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful, too, and that you have a happy and prosperous New Year.

"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don't clean it up too quickly."  ~Andy Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment