Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Well, Rusty and I have an appointment with the vet on Monday morning, and it's looking as if one of us won't be coming home again.

She's started to exhibit what the vet said would be signs of almost total kidney failure - constant drinking, nearly constant urination - and she's almost entirely stopped eating.  She follows me around, wailing to be held (this from a cat who always hated to be picked up).  When she's not in my lap or trying to get there, she's hiding under the bed.

I haven't even taken her on The Big Trip yet, and already I feel like a murderer, but she's obviously suffering and I hate to see that, too.  Of course every time I'm sure she's doomed, she perks up and looks great the next day, but the overall trajectory is definitely headed in a downward direction.

To be continued...

"Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love."  ~George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment