Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hooray for Sunday

I don't say enough good things in these posts about Barry, but I deeply appreciate him every Sunday morning.

Sunday is the day I have to post all the study materials for the upcoming week in my online classrooms.  It's also the day I finish grading any of the students' midweek assignments; since a couple of them every session have tardiness issues, virtually every Sunday has at least a few items waiting for me.

I get up somewhere between half an hour and an hour and a half before Barry does.  Sometimes I fix myself a cup of coffee or tea first, but usually I dive right into the schoolwork.  By the time Barry rises I've made substantial inroads on my workload and I'm ready for breakfast (or, depending on how late we slept in, brunch), and Barry obligingly serves it.

Barry is a good cook but doesn't enjoy cooking, so his willingness to make breakfast for me every Sunday morning is very endearing, and he's been trying to stick to our resolve to eat right.  Sometimes he makes hot cereal or whole-grain waffles.  Today he scrambled eggs with fresh mushrooms and served them over half an "everything" bagel thin, with half a grapefruit picked yesterday (from my parents' tree) on the side.  Good stuff.  Just what I needed to get me over the hump of grading the last few final projects awaiting my attention.

I love Sundays.  And Barry.

"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves." ~ Alice Adams [but the spectacle of a handsome man in the act of cooking breakfast for someone he loves is right up there!]

No comments:

Post a Comment