Sunday, September 19, 2010

OAQs, Part 2

 More Occasionally Asked Questions


Why did you decide to start blogging?
To keep my head from exploding.  See the post entitled "Thar She Blows!"

Why did you decide to call your blog "Continually Surprised?"
Because I am.  Also because I live in Surprise, Arizona.  Is that too cutesy?  Yeah, I thought it might be.  Too late now.

Why did you adopt the onion with the pencil as the mascot for your blog?
I had some fuzzy idea that I would be writing about food and writing and grumpiness, so I thought a vegetable with a writing implement would cover two out of the three.

But why an onion?  Is it meant to imply that you are a complicated personality with many layers?
No, it's because the onion is the easiest vegetable to draw - a circle, a few shadowy stripes...I guess a cherry tomato might be even easier, but the onion fits in better with the whole crankiness theme.  A cherry tomato would be too cheery, if you see what I mean.

How did you decide on the design for the header?
I was originally going to post a photo of myself, but I decided I would rather use a cartoon, because even though it looks like Betty Boop's less-sexy older sister, some deluded reader may still have a mental image of me as tall, svelte, and mysteriously attractive.  A photo would remove the mystery by revealing that I actually do look like Betty Boop's less-sexy older sister.

Now that you have a little blogging under your belt, do you plan to change the focus of your blog?
I didn't know that random thoughts could be considered a focus.  I'm not really planning anything at this point - I'm just relying on the Internet as a cheap substitute for therapy.


“Sometimes I lie awake at night, and ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'” - Charles M. Schulz

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I like your wit! Look forward to seeing more posts. I, too, blog about the random and often crazy things that run through my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Always nice to meet someone else not fettered by the demands of logic!

    ReplyDelete