Monday, May 16, 2011

Art on Fire

I am in the middle of reading The Splendid Table's How to Eat Supper by Lynn Rossetto Kasper and Sally Swift, and I will report on it as soon as I finish.  However, in the meantime, I couldn't resist passing along one of their recommendations for your viewing pleasure.  Is it a great recipe?  A stunning new food preparation technique?  No, it's where the authors go when they need a good laugh - The Museum of Burnt Food.  Here's a link to my favorite exhibit:

http://www.burntfoodmuseum.com/exhibits/chick-tiny-with-plate.html

I will never again feel guilty about the time I left the teakettle on the burner just a little too long.  At least it didn't melt or incinerate my kitchen.

"I'm not saying my wife's a bad cook, but she uses a smoke alarm as a timer." ~Bob Monkhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment