Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Going Bananas AND Nuts

As I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge fan of bananas.  Once in a while they taste great.  A banana a day would be disgusting.

For some reason, though, my body has a tendency toward low potassium.  I always know when I'm in the problem zone because I start having leg cramps and the middle toes on my left feet curl under and lock there (painfully).  Time to eat some dates - or a banana, which is usually a lot cheaper.

I finally found a way to eat bananas that makes them tastier and increases their nutritional value.  I split them lengthwise and spread the halves with a little peanut butter (preferably chunky).  Potassium and protein, all in one package.

Now I just need to find a way to make beets palatable...

"On a traffic light green means go and yellow means yield, but on a banana it's just the opposite. Green means hold on, yellow means go ahead, and red means where the hell did you get that banana at ... " - Mitch Hedberg

No comments:

Post a Comment