Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time To Call The Gleaners

The friends who came to my fruit-picking party cleared about half the fruit on one of my naval orange trees.  Since they're in the age group where practically everyone is on statins, though, nobody wanted any grapefruit.

This still leaves me with one entire navel orange tree and the grapefruit tree virtually untouched.  It may be time for me to call in the volunteer gleaners, who will pick citrus for charity for $15 per tree.

I still may make the fruit-picking party an annual event because it was a lot of fun.  The refreshments were popular, too.  Even relatively inexpensive supermarket cheese and fruit looks pretty impressive when it's nicely arranged on good plates:


“Life is great. Cheese makes it better.” ~Avery Aames, The Long Quiche Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment