Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Who Said Oatmeal Is Bland?

You may have noticed that I never complain about the clients I build websites for.  That's not because I don't have harrowing tales to tell; it's because no one wants to hire a designer who says:
  • "You display the color sense of a tragically near-sighted aardvark."
  • "This font choice would be appropriate for a website targeting vision-impaired preschoolers."
  • "After reviewing your proposed content, I am convinced that your high school diploma is a forgery."
  • "The only taste you have is in your mouth."
...whether the criticism is face-to-face or behind the back.  Some days, however, are more trying than others, and on one of them recently I ordered the poster version of this page:

How a Website Design Goes Straight to Hell by The Oatmeal

I plan to hang it prominently on the wall of my next home office.

“I could a tale unfold whose lightest word
Would harrow up thy soul, freeze thy young blood,
Make thy two eyes, like stars, start from their spheres.”
~ William Shakespeare, Hamlet

No comments:

Post a Comment