Thursday, June 9, 2011

Big Red

It happened again yesterday; a man passed me in the parking lot as I was getting into my car and yelled, "Nice car!  Want to trade for a Mustang convertible?"

My car is a bright red Dodge Charger, and men automatically assume that it's a muscle car with a Hemi engine.  Not so; given my substantial commute at the time I bought it, I went for the smallest, most fuel-efficient engine available.  It still has plenty of zip when I'm driving by myself, but adding even one passenger slows it down noticeably.

I like the car because it drives well, has comfortable seats and a big trunk, and is easy to find in parking lots.  It's also had no mechanical problems during the two years I've owned it.  I didn't realize that it was going to be a Dude Magnet, but that certainly doesn't hurt.

"Drive-in banks were established so most of the cars today could see their real owners. " ~E. Joseph Cossman

No comments:

Post a Comment