Monday, May 2, 2011

Moving On...

Well, we thought the offer for our house was too low and counteroffered.  The buyers accepted the counteroffer, so we will be closing on May 27.

Last Friday I saw a small house that had all the things I was looking for, including my optional items (a double garage and a large screened porch).  It doesn't have a dining room but the kitchen is large enough for a big table when needed.  I made an offer on the house tonight and am waiting to hear whether it will be accepted.  My family and the realtors seemed surprised that I'm downsizing so drastically, but every home I've ever purchased or rented on my own was small; the bigger places I've lived in have been because Tom or Barry wanted more space.  Personally, I'd rather have less to clean.  As long as I have room for my bookshelves I'm OK.

Barry hadn't shopped for alternate housing yet, but today he started looking at rentals.  He's thinking of renting for a year while he decides whether he really wants to buy another home.

Now the final frenzy of packing and deciding who gets what begins - a dirty job but somebody has to do it.  I will try to keep focused on how much fun it will be to decorate a new place without having to take anyone else's taste into account.

"Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard." ~Dave Mustaine

No comments:

Post a Comment