Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Shame Of It All...

Early on, I said that I didn't intend to make money with this blog.  I still don't; the Google ad bar on the lower right side of the page is there to keep the bottom of the blog from looking empty when I'm more long-winded than usual.  However, you'll probably be seeing more ads here in the near future, not because I expect any ad revenue, but because I have succumbed to the lure of FREE BOOKS!!

I've been invited to join the BlogHer network for women, and I want to join because, among other things, they will be sending me free books to review on a regular basis.  Books only from categories I like to read.  Sending them directly to my home.  And paying me to review them.

I think I've died and gone to reader's heaven.

In return, I have to add a BlogHer ad sidebar "above the fold" on my blog.  Probably I will put it right under the onion and move everything else down, deleting the Google ad bar at the bottom of the page.  I hope it's not too intrusive.  The good news is, I will share my reviews of the best books with my readers.  (I assume some of you are following me because of my tastes in reading material.  Otherwise it's not good news.  Bummer.)

Of course, there's still a chance that after reading my response to their invitation the folks at BlogHer will decide I'm a lunatic who couldn't be trusted to review the text on the back of a cereal box, in which case my blog will not change and I will continue to depend upon the public library and my personal book horde for reading material.

"The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read."  ~Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    Sounds like a sweet gig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just hoping that they won't expect instantaneous turnaround on those reviews - I'm a fast reader but life is full of distractions :o(

    ReplyDelete