Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Long and Whining Road

Lowlights of the week:
  • While staying with my parents, I have been reduced to Internet piracy to keep up with my online classes.  One of their neighbors (I have no idea which one) has a wireless network with no security, and I am shamelessly tapping into it.  Well, not actually shamelessly - but my other option is to tether my laptop to my Droid phone and risk the wrath of Verizon by actually using my "unlimited" data plan to the max.
  • I think I'm going to have to give up regular pizza.  We went to a party on Saturday where the pizza was smothered in a blanket of melted cheese, and although it tasted great, for most of today my gallbladder kicked as if it were an infant ready to be born.  Back to Kashi frozen and low-fat homemade pizza for me.
  • After almost six years of complaining about our house, Barry suddenly offered to buy my half of it.  Why?  Because he's afraid his next house will be "worse."  I reminded him that he didn't think he could afford the mortgage before; paying the same amount now without me contributing half of the household expenses would definitely leave him strapped for cash.  I also told him that I'd be a little annoyed if he got to keep the house I loved while I had to settle for something much smaller and less comfortable.  He dropped the idea, finally.
  • Tomorrow the real estate agent and her photographer are coming to take pictures of the house and the plan is to list it on Wednesday.  I hope it sells immediately; as long as it's on the market I will have to keep going over there to pick up after Barry who is 1) the messiest person I ever lived with, and 2) doesn't see dirt even when I point it out to him. (Gnashing of teeth.)
OK.  I feel much better now.  Thank you for letting me vent.

"I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, nor just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future."  ~Carl Sandburg

2 comments:

  1. Being in limbo is never fun, is it? Thankfully it's a temporary condition, and ultimately you ( and Rusty ) will be happier for having taken the initially uncomfortable step of moving on.
    On a more frivolous note: sounds like you should stay away from the fast food - your parents' patience might be a tad strained by having both a cat and a daughter barfing on their carpeting. ;)
    Hope things look up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the only kind of limbo I enjoy involves Caribbean music and a stick.


    I will DEFINITELY stay away from the fast food - Rusty and I can't afford to be thrown into the street!! :O

    ReplyDelete