Thursday, April 7, 2011

Making a New Ending

This has been an odd week.  I had intended to spend as much time as possible at our house, cleaning, but Barry feels unsettled having me there now that we are no longer a couple, so I've pretty much moved in with my parents.  Doing so has made me realize just how much of my time and energy have been sucked up the last few years by waiting on Barry and coping with his Asperger issues.  Suddenly I'm catching up on everything from the overdue oil change for my car to overdue physicals for myself and the cat.  I'm sleeping better.  I've also set up a new budget.  If the house sells quickly, I will be able to buy a small home outright, settle the rest of my monetary issues, and enjoy being in control of my schedule, my diet, and my finances.  I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't a train.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
~Maria Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment