Wednesday, April 13, 2011

On the Hunt

Well, our house is officially on the market.  It's scheduled for two open houses this weekend and a realtor's tour next Tuesday, so I expect it to sell soon.  This means I need to ramp up my search for a new home.

Here's my wish list:
  • Two bedrooms; one should be able to hold my bookshelves and a desk.
  • A great room or connected living and dining rooms that can hold a table for 9-12 people the one time a year I host dinner for my extended family.
  • A kitchen with an efficient floorplan.
  • One bathroom with shower.
  • Covered parking for my car.
  • Low-maintenance yard.

Nice to have but optional:
  • A garage instead of a carport.
  • A screened porch for Rusty.

If you're interested, click here to see the virtual tour of our current house.  (Be sure to stay long enough to see the back yard.)  Re Barry's fear that his next place will be worse: yes, I'd say that's a foregone conclusion.


"A man builds a house in England with the expectation of living in it and leaving it to his children; we shed our houses in America as easily as a snail does his shell. " ~Harriet Beecher Stowe

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... my first thoughts were:
    * very airy and spacious.
    * the white color-scheme is elegant, but perhaps a bit too monochromatic ...
    but then it hit me - whoops, this is just a blank screen!
    I'd love to actually take the tour, but unfortunately my system must be missing something vital to the viewing of this site.
    Darn. Not a dead link by any chance?
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be - try this instead:

    http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=722734

    Obviously my quality control testing was a little deficient!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again! I almost hesitate to say it, but the second link seems to be an information/contact sheet for real-estate agents.
    ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tour takes a minute or so to start. If it still doesn't work, I'll try downloading the mp4 version.

    ReplyDelete