Friday, April 22, 2011

More Random Snippets

  • My annual eye exam was today.  My optometrist says my vision is improving.  Another side effect of our better eating habits, or one of the rare benefits of getting older?
  • Rusty and I are both having a good time watching the wildlife in my parents' backyard.  The funniest creature is a dove that Mom and Dad have named "Humpy."  The nickname is partly because he hunches his shoulders in a funny way when he walks and partly because he seems to be in perpetual rut.  We've seen him pursue other doves, quail, and even the occasional rabbit.  Maybe he needs to see his optometrist.
  • Earlier this week a headhunter called me about a possible job and yesterday I went to his office for a preliminary interview.  It was the first time in months I've worn a suit, which was a little weird, since for years I wore one five or more times a week.  Must find more comfortable shoes to wear with it if I may be re-entering corporate America; I almost crippled myself between the parking garage and the office.  I don't remember having trouble with this pair of heels before; maybe my feet have spread out after three years in flip-flops.
  • I finally got my paws on a copy of the book we're supposed to be reading for the next book club meeting (all seven copies owned by the Maricopa County library system have been checked out seemingly forever).  I will try to get through it this weekend so I can pass it on to Sue, but it's 458 pages long; she may have to place a rush order with Amazon.com, or hope someone else at our end of the valley checks another copy back into his or her branch library.
  • We're having Easter dinner this year at my cousin Lola's house.  Since I am temporarily living in exile from my kitchen, I cravenly offered to bring the rolls.  I'm also bringing Barry, probably for the last time, since he likes my family and didn't want to sit home alone on Easter.  Fortunately my extended family doesn't know what's going on yet, so it won't be too tense (I hope).
Have a Hoppy Easter.

"I'm a little hoarse tonight. I've been living in Chicago for the past two months, and you know how it is, yelling for help on the way home every night. Things are so tough in Chicago that at Easter time, for bunnies the little kids use porcupines." ~ Fred Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment